Pre-Apprenticeship NVQ Level 1 / Study Programme
Study Programme & Traineeships (Pre-Apprenticeship)
Are you about to leave school or recently left and not quite ready to start work or an Apprenticeship?
Then come and find out more about Study Programme and what we have on offer!
The Study Programme can help you
• Prepare for an apprenticeship and work experience (salon placement)
• Improve your English or Maths
• Gain a vocational qualification
While you are on programme you may be eligible for:
• Support with a weekly bursary
• Support with travel costs
• Support with childcare costs
How long will it take to complete the programme?
• It is estimated that you could complete this programme within 26 weeks (individual training plan)
So what can you expect if you are on a Study programme at Reflections?
• An in depth introduction to Work experience
• A vocational qualification
• Functional Skills Maths or English
• Personal & Social Development
• Work Preparation – Employability skills
• One to ones with your Tutor
• Hairdressing Skills
• Personal Learning & Thinking Skills(PLTS)
Additional Support available
• Support for other learning difficulties /disabilities
• Confidence management
The Programme includes:
• A personal makeover in preparing you for your salon/work experience
• Confidence building activities such as: attending shows, organisation, planning and competition work
• Attend wedding workshops, barbering workshops & African hair workshops
• This programme will offer a good introduction to Hairdressing and gaining the basic skills and knowledge, inclusive of fun activities
• Employability Skills: Maths and /or English, Functional Skills
• The duration of the programme is an estimated 26 weeks on Study Programme & 6 months on a traineeship
• Progress to our Apprenticeship programme
NVQ Level 1 in Hairdressing & Barbering Qualification
Here are the units that you will be required to complete in order to achieve your NVQ level 1. Some of the units are compulsory and others are optional and will be discussed at Induction.
Mandatory Units (all must be complete)
• Prepare for hair services and maintain work areas
• Shampoo and condition hair
• Contribute to the development of effective working relationships
• Blow-dry hair
Plus half of the following optional Units depending on credits:
• Assist with relaxing services
• Assist with salon duties
• Assist with hair colouring and lightening services
• Plait and twist hair using basic techniques
• Assist with perming hair services
• Assist with shaving services
An excellent Introduction to the hairdressing industry offering you work experience to provide you the opportunity to work with others and build your self confidence and creativity.
All this and more within 26 weeks! Kick start your Hairdressing career today with our Study Programme Pre-Apprenticeship.