Pastoral Support and Safeguarding Officer - Full Time
Reflections Training Academy are looking to appoint a full time Pastoral Support and Safeguarding Officer at our Bristol Training Academy.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working with learners who are on our apprenticeship and study programme and have a range of skills to be able to meet the pastoral, well-being and safeguarding needs of those who are vulnerable.
The ideal candidate will need to have and demonstrate the following qualities:
• Passionate about making a difference to all learners.
• Work with partners, agencies in signposting learner’s where appropriate action is required.
• Has strong and up to date knowledge of safeguarding processes and procedures and willing to take a full part in leading on these as directed by the Lead Safeguarding Officer.
• Willing to undertake an ongoing professional development programme to meet role needs
• Has experience of working successfully with pastoral care and learner well-being.
• Demonstrates highest levels of learner confidentiality
• Ability to prioritise, good organisational skills and able to adhere to deadlines and targets.
• Flexible approach and able to inspire and motivate your learning.
Duties to include:
• An effective communicator who is skilled in supporting and maintaining professional relationships.
• Able to develop and maintain links between, parents, key partners and agencies to support the learner’s wellbeing.
• Approachable professional team player with excellent communication skills
• Promote Prevent, British Values and equality & Diversity to maintain Ofsted grade 1 standard
• To support the delivery of underpinning of knowledge through training sessions workshops and contributing over areas such as Prevent, British Values and equality & Diversity.
• Support staff induction into Safeguarding and Prevent policies, processes and strategies as directed.
• Support Lead Safeguarding Officer in ensuring safe recruitment practices and processes
• Work with employers over key areas such as Prevent/British Values
• Ability to demonstrate high level of pastoral and well-being support
• Excellent communication skills with a high level of personal presentation/team player/friendly and professional
• A driving licence is essential with access to your own vehicle
• Competitive salary
Please send your CV to Phil Davis: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 12th October