Adult Course 19+ Traineeship
Looking for a career change?
Our level traineeship programme offers an introduction into the creative world of hairdressing or barbering. Offering first hand work experience and potentially progression onto an apprenticeship following successful completion of the programme.
You will be working in a salon or shop for 2 days a week and attending the Academy 1 day a week over a 7-week course.
For full terms and conditions of the programme criteria please contact the recruitment team
Bristol – 0117 922 1440
Birmingham – 0121 6432147
This is an intensive course and learners must be able to give 100% commitment to their studies and place of work. You must have:
- Learner must be between the age of 19-24
- Should not be in employment with little work experience
- Working with DWP or on Universal credit
- A strong commitment to your training
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Enthusiasm and high motivation
- Good communication ski
Following a full initial assessment analyse learners yet to achieve a level 2 or equivalent in functional skills will be enrolment to upskill and have support sessions in Maths and English.
Any learners coming below level 1 in digital skills assessment and be enrolled on the level 1 digital skills course.
The course covers a whole range of work preparation activities to ensure that you are given a solid foundation for entry into the industry. You will be covering the following;
- CV writing
- Communication and work ready activities
- Basic vocational activities including- Reception work/ shampooing and finishing
WHAT CAN YOU DO NEXT?
Success completion of the programme could lead to an offer of an apprenticeship and the opportunity of working in a shop or salon.